TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Welcome to our site. You are not authorised and may not copy reproduce, republish transmit or distribute the content of this site without permission. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
In no event will St Francis Bay Accommodation be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of this website. Our website may contain links to other websites. St Francis Bay Accommodation has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, you should be aware that anonymous visitor information such as your IP address, browser type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc), device type (laptop, tablet, phone), referring pages and pages visited on the website are automatically collected for statistical analysis of web traffic patterns. This information cannot be used to identify you.
Retention of data
Your personal information will be retained only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice and to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes and if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
If you are a South African resident, South African law provides you with certain rights with regard to your personal information under the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), as well the Consumer Protection Act.
Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find information required by POPIA regarding what type of personal information we collect from you; the purposes for which it is used, and the third parties with whom your data may be shared. POPIA and PAIA allow you to make inquiries regarding to your personal information. Specifically, you have the right to request disclosure or action your personal information, including:
Specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The ability to correct or delete certain personal information collected about you.
- The ability to delete all the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt-in or opt-out of direct marketing communications.
- To object to processing of your personal information.
- To appeal any rejection of access to your personal information.
You may submit a request regarding your rights under POPIA or PAIA by contacting us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, physical address and phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails or electronic messages- The information you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- In order to fulfil your Ecommerce order certain information will be passed onto Third Parties, such as Payment information and Shipping information
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you complete a form or submit an enquiry. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes, we use the following types of cookies on our website:
Essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
Site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it.
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including: tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type; improving how our website performs; understanding who our audience is so that we can provide content most relevant to you; allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
The types of cookies we use?
We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount of time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
Other tracking technologies:
In addition to cookies, we may use pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the site to help customize and improve your experience. the cookies that interact with them.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.